Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Multifun Joy Joys

I feel really good tonight, I should try write something happy or joyful. My scripts always come across as dark and evil, but they don't reflect me. I'd like to think I'm not a cynical asshole, I just try see things from a different perspective....... that sounds clichéd, dammit.

Woody Harrelson in Zombieland said "Enjoy the Little things", made rule number 32 by Jesse Eisenberg. Its a pretty good guide to live by. Think back on the greatest moments in your existence, what do you remember that made it so good? For me its always some small detail that was sometimes no even directly related to the whole pretence of situation. The opening riff of "She", the first taste of Dr Pepper from one of those small cans, the peaceful beauty of girl sleeping next to you. That is what I recall.

The difficulty scale for writing joyous stuff is much harder than dark content. Could it be because I have less experience in doing so, or maybe it just is a more difficult subject for everyone. I hope its not a reflection on me.

Extended exposure to the blinding darkness that is cynicism and self pitty have rotted us to the core, look so hard for purity and originality you will find it, but its not real. Its one's own form of warping reality in a feeble attempt to satisfy the desire. Dream nostalgically of the euphoria witnessed when the Beatles first came to Australia, when Led Zeppelin released Kashmir, when you could eat Burgers, fries and thick shakes without the peer implied guilt of it somehow making you unattractive and irresponsible. Is this what leads so many to tune into commercial radio, go see the movies that are mere remakes, sequels, prequels and fucking musicals by pathetic phonies who ruin good rock songs. What can break this horrifying self destructive behavioural trend in the west, can anything? Fuck them all, subjugate and mock their inferiority, use it to make yourself powerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment