Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Distraction

I sit outside in the falling temperature, alone of an evening. pondering my next mission, whether to dine upon Kentucky Fried Chicken or Hungry Jacks in the morrow. One opens at 10am, one at 5. This is my primary thoughts. Nothing else to think about, I don't want to think, It is always false, am I winning....... or losing......, it doesn't matter.. KFC!! Outstanding, I blocked the thought again.

Everything is a metaphor, In the literal sense I'm not outside, in the cold or alone, I'm in the food hall of the shopping centre, but these feelings are more vivid than when I last sat outside, cold and alone. Engage distraction! buy the spicy chicken, thank the kid serving me, oblivious to his to own destitute. secondary distraction, Skill!! Take a seat in the arena of four seat tables with only one occupant. They stare into their phones, newspapers or passing youth. So tragic, so alone, I pity them, as I sit, alone, on a four seat table, pull out my phone and write this..........

No comments:

Post a Comment