Monday, October 31, 2011

Speculation

Is there luminescence to be found at the conclusion of this linear passageway?
A man I knew once spoke of the road we all think we must travel, he said, if you believe is to be a road you will find an ending. However, if you accept that there is no road, your destination will be nothing and everything......

On occasion, such nonsense relapses into some majestic parable. I think the more troublesome part is not deciphering the words but rather understanding the reasons why we interpret things in such a way. I don't  talk of finding contentment in simplicity or trying to revert to some primal manner of existence.

I know you think about rhythms of the sea, of the ocean. Can you see the rhythm of humanity? Where are we now, are a verse, chorus or bridge? Was the renaissance a solo on an ibanez? Was world war 2 a drum crescendo? Are we a bass line fill as it often seems, something deliberately dull to make the next scene more powerful? Or are we the fade-out? all instruments and vocals reducing in volume to silnce.

Do I try convince myself that I talk in riddles to add color to an otherwise morosely monotone world?
The quest for comprehension of my drivel merely acts a proxy for you to ascend higher into the unending skies of what?, maybe knowledge, maybe detachment. It doesn't matter, as long as it keeps you occupied,

No comments:

Post a Comment